Harrington Grove is essentially the second stage of Sir Warwick Fairfax’s dream. The land has been rezoned, the trees planted, the masterplan formulated; the dream is fast approaching a completed reality.
Harrington Grove offers a wonderful blend of old world traditions and a busy contemporary lifestyle, a place where natural surroundings meet urban vision.
Only 40 per cent of Harrington Grove will be developed; the balance has been designed for conservation. With the remaining 60 per cent (1,200 acres) comprising of over 720 acres of community forest, streams and public reserve, Harrington Grove is the largest private conservation area in Sydney’s southwest. Designated as a fauna habitat development area, active regeneration and restoration of ecological communities is continually taking place under a comprehensive Conservation Management Plan, creating a safe environment for birds, possums, wallabies and other wildlife to flourish peacefully alongside their human neighbours.
Harrington Grove encompasses two segments of land – Harrington Grove East and Harrington Grove West. The terrain on both sides is different from the wider region. Its land is more undulating and is fringed by forest and trees, creeks and ponds. A continuous 6.5 kilometre green belt, originating from the Nepean River, passes through the centre of Harrington Grove West, then east to Camden Valley Way. At Harrington Grove there are 7 kilometres of walking paths and cycleways that wind through beautiful grounds leading to breathtaking lookouts and picturesque lakes. Pathways are integrated into the planning and design of the estate, allowing safe and scenic walks that follow the natural contours of the land. The paths eventually meet the extensive pathways and cycleways in neighbouring Harrington Park, leading to lakes, parks and more open spaces.
To complement the combination of nature and urban living, Harrington Grove boasts the prestigious Harrington Grove Country Club, Magnolia Club and Michelia Club (currently under construction). The Country Club is the absolute focal point for Harrington Grove residents. Set amongst the gorgeous leafy surrounds of Harrington Grove, residents enjoy access to a wide range of state-of-the-art facilities including a stunning wedding and function venue, casual and elegant restaurant dining as well as superb sporting and recreation faciliites, including four tennis courts, two swimming pools and a well-equipped fitness centre.
The development is made up of several precincts - Araucaria, Lomandra Rise, Maculata, Dianella, Magnolia, Wildfire, Laurina, Michelia and the final two (yet to be named) - each home to a tight-knit community of residents that enjoys events and community programs designed to encourage the formation of a strong community.
Harrington Estates is committed to building an environmental and socially-sustainable neoghbourhood, with every part of the development playing an important role in contributing to the overall success of this thriving community.
- Bask in privacy and space with an almost rural ambience afforded by the sheer size of the large homesites.
- Enjoy the fabulous sporting and recreation facilities at the Harrington Grove Country Club, Magnolia Club and Michelia Club (currently under construction).
- For local outdoor entertainment enjoy the excellent acoustics of an on-site amphitheatre which has been carved into the slope of the hill.
- The latest communications technology is available with the Telstra Velocity Network, which ensures one of the fastest residential broadband Internet services in the country.
- Harrington Grove is conveniently located close to many modern amenities in the Macarthur region and is easily accessible by well maintained roads, rail and bus services.
- The closest neighbour is Harrington Park, a multi award winning estate offering a shopping centre, public school, childcare centres, lake, parks and modern sporting facilities.
Harrington Grove residents can have it all; large homesites with stunning natural bushland vistas as well as busy social lives on their doorsteps.