Update from Harrington Grove regarding COVID-19
amphi

News

Latest News

All the latest news and information from Harrington Grove.

Conservation and Sustainability at Harrington Grove

Conservation and Sustainability at Harrington Grove

Harrington Grove contains the largest privately owned and managed conservation area of Cumberland Plain Woodland, a critically endangered ecological community with over 262 hectares (647 acres) of land preserved in its natural state. The total size of the site is 486 hectares (1200 acres), yet only 40% (480 acres) will ever be developed. The remaining 60% will remain natural bushland, maintained by the community scheme of Harrington Grove. When completed, the estate will contain approximately 1400 homes in discrete precincts that are integrated with the natural environment.

Before development began, Harrington Estates recognised that the significant stands of Cumberland Plain Woodland in Harrington Grove were under threat. The property was zoned rural but rural uses were not sustainable and the woodland was deteriorating.

Harrington Estates saw the opportunity to develop the area in an environmentally-sensitive manner that would provide sound environmental and social outcomes.

The existence of the extensive areas of woodland was a major consideration in the rezoning process and planning of the development. The treatment of the bushland and the consideration of its future care and maintenance resulted in an ecological corridor forming a central part of the development. Planned to link the areas of high value Cumberland Plain Woodland, the ecological corridors are being restored under a comprehensive ten-year vegetation restoration program that is being overseen by Eco Logical Australia.

Designated as a fauna habitat development area, active regeneration and restoration of ecological communities is continually taking place under a comprehensive Conservation Management Plan, creating a safe environment for birds, possums, wallabies and other wildlife to flourish in peace alongside their human counterparts at Harrington Grove.

Continue reading
  1911 Hits
1911 Hits

1

1

1

1

1

1

1

Blog
25 March 2020
Yes we are open!For those who would like to visit our Sales & Information Centre, please be assured that we are taking extra steps to ensure the hygie...
14 October 2019
For the first time in 75 years, historic Harrington Park Homestead is being listed for sale via expressions of interest. The Georgian homestead was th...